1-Jan-24: The Ducks Take The “W”

Jan 14 2024

Carrie Babcock

Fry

Number of Posts :

Here ducky ducky ducky.  We saw a ton of vultures but only one lone teal about 200 yards out flying over the Mountain to the right.  I think he laughed at us when he flew by.  There was ice on the edge of the pond and it was crazy cold.  Not really sure how my son talked me into going. This was our first time at waterboo.  The place was gorgeous.  The blind is sitting in the water and the water drops off fast around to the right of the blind into the creek so be careful when throwing out your decoys. My son stepped out to retrieve the decoys and almost sank down to his armpits.  We stayed till 10.  We saw and kicked up more ducks in the upper ponds as we drove out than we saw while sitting in the blind.  While it was cold it is great memories with my son. 

We did get one lone stranded coot decoy which was hanging out across the lake.  If you lost a coot decoy, message me and we can get it back to you.

Jan 15 2024

Randy Rogers

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hats off to y’all for getting out.  Waterboo is a georgous property, but our luck has been about the same.  3 trips, 2 ducks.  The amount of vultures is crazy.  I was expecting to see a pterodactyl come through the trees our first trip out there.